Baguio City in February (plus some accidental double exposures)

sea+wall

Nearly two years ago, I went on a trip north. I took just one film camera with me, a Konica c35. I didn't get to shoot much (I sketched), so upon returning home I rewound the film roll and put it back with the rest of my stash, where I forgot about it.

Until this week when I had the roll developed and scanned by Fuji. I finally used up the roll in my Olympus mju zoom camera, taking random shots of people and places and all sorts of stuff this Panagbenga month. I was really pleasantly surprised to find I'd already exposed the first few frames of the roll. It was a nice reminder of all the experiences I had during that Cagayan trip, which actually was a catalyst to my moving to Baguio City.

The only beach shot left intact was this:

Sta. Ana, Cagayan

The fishing village. I remember spending a morning sketching this view.

Some other doubles from that serendipitous roll:

maneki-neko+branches

used books+sea

Bookends Baguio

perusal

frame burn+shawarma stall

Look at that burn.

When the pre-exposed frames were all used up, I was left with these:

ice cream man

siesta

balloon man

best friends

fashion

abandoned

break

yellow

empanada+tonyhat's

flowery thoughts

swirls

pizza


View the entire photoset in my Flickr album.

Some of these shots were taken during my walk from Mines View to Session Road, which I wrote about in my "walking" blog.

I'm currently at home in Quezon City to spend time with my family and to have some of my film cameras repaired. I miss shooting with my LC-A (it has a sticky shutter, which I hope Mang Bibot will be able to fix).


Konica c35 EF, Olympus mju zoom 115
Kodak Ultima 100

No comments:

Post a Comment